A research study called the 2018 Global State of Enterprise Analytics Report contains a list of survey statistics in April 2018 from 500 analytics professionals around the world focusing on the current state of growth and data strategies.
Specifically, the 5 nations that participated are Brazil, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States with 20 industries comprised of 250 to 20,000 employees worldwide.
Based on the research, cloud computing, big data and artificial intelligence are predicted to have the highest global impact on analytics within the next five years. Japan, Brazil and the United States believe cloud computing will make the most significant impact on analytics. Additionally, the greatest impact for the United Kingdom will be AI/machine learning and big data for Germany.
Some standout statistics included:
- 41% are considering moving their analytics platform/solution to the cloud within the next year.
- 59% of organizations currently utilize big data analytics for intelligence applications.
- 52% currently leverage advanced and predictive analytics in their organization.
- Going into the 2020’s, 71% of the organizations will increase investment in data and analytics related initiatives.
The ability to collect, process and analyze live data is becoming more prevalent for enterprise businesses. One of our favorite tools to use is Amazon Kinesis, it offers these key capabilities to process cost-effective real-time data at any scale. Go here to check out this live data tool.
For a detailed analysis of the collected data, download the report here.
For more information, check out these posts:
- In The News: AI Technology Could Help Protect Water Supplies
- In The News: Software Engineers Could Soon Outsource Part of Their Jobs To Alexa
- In The News: Coding Gets A Real-Life Magic Wand With Kano’s Harry Potter Kit
- In the News: Grata Software is Named the Top App Development Firm in Orlando Florida!
- In The News: Corporate R&D Spending Hits Record Highs For The Top 1000, Despite Concerns Of Economic Protectionism – PWC
- In the News: Attainable AI, from science fiction to science fact: The reality of today’s AI
- In the News: Kanban Vs Scrum