I just came across something incredible! QUTIS researchers from the UPV/EHU’s Department of Physical Chemistry modeled simple organisms that were capable of experiencing various phases of life in a controlled environment, which was accomplished through the power of quantum computers.
The artificial intelligence encodes quantum behaviors that belong to living systems was executed on an IBM ibmqx4 cloud quantum computer. The artificial intelligence followed Darwin’s laws of evolution which made it possible to regard the systems as organisms of artificial life! The characteristics of Darwinian evolution simulated are:
- Birth and Evolution
- Interaction between individuals and the environment
- Degradation / Aging
- Entering a death-like state
According to the scientific report, this research proves that microscopic quantum systems can encode quantum characteristics and biological behaviors that are normally associated with living systems and natural selection.
Check out the original detailed report by U. Alvarez-Rodriguez, M. Sanz, L. Lamata, and E. Solano called Quantum Artificial Life in an IBM Quantum Computer.
- In The News: Almost A Third Of Key Enterprise IT Spending To Be Cloud Based By 2022
- In The News: How Cloud Implementation Is Bringing Benefits To Developers
- In The News: IDG 2018 Cloud Insights
- In The News: The Forced March To Cloud Computing
- In The News: The Global State Of Enterprise Analytics 2018 – How Cloud, Big Data And AI Are Key To The Future
- AI Is Being Used To Create Terrifying Masks And Costumes For Halloween
- Mesosphere 2018 Cloud Native Ecosystem Report