I just came across something incredible in quantum computer news! QUTIS researchers from the UPV/EHU’s Department of Physical Chemistry modeled simple organisms that were capable of experiencing various phases of life in a controlled environment, which was accomplished through the power of quantum computers.
To explain, the IBM ibmqx4 cloud quantum computer executed the artificial intelligence. Which encode the quantum behaviors that belong to living systems. Also, the artificial intelligence followed Darwin’s laws of evolution which made it possible to regard the systems as organisms of artificial life! To list, the characteristics of Darwinian evolution simulated are as follows:
- Birth and Evolution
- Interaction between individuals and the environment
- Degradation / Aging
- Entering a death-like state
Accordingly, this research proves that microscopic quantum systems can encode quantum characteristics and biological behaviors that are normally associated with living systems and natural selection. Obviously, the possibilities for this new innovation are absolutely endless. For example, nano robots that can sense stimuli to neural networks that can detect feeling are some of the possibilities. In conclusion, this research is very important in the field of quantum systems and we can’t wait to see what they do with it.
Check out the original detailed report by U. Alvarez-Rodriguez, M. Sanz, L. Lamata, and E. Solano called Quantum Artificial Life in an IBM Quantum Computer.
- In The News: Almost A Third Of Key Enterprise IT Spending To Be Cloud Based By 2022
- In The News: How Cloud Implementation Is Bringing Benefits To Developers
- In The News: IDG 2018 Cloud Insights
- In The News: The Forced March To Cloud Computing
- In The News: The Global State Of Enterprise Analytics 2018 – How Cloud, Big Data And AI Are Key To The Future
- AI Is Being Used To Create Terrifying Masks And Costumes For Halloween
- Mesosphere 2018 Cloud Native Ecosystem Report