IDC recently released an infographic detailing the current state of the Windows server market and AWS was the most sought-after public cloud environment last year. Digital transformation continues to disrupt the Worldwide Server Operations System Environment Market:
- Organizations are pursuing digital transformation and invest in various new technologies as they appear.
- There is an increase in demand for server operations systems. The cause is firms transfering development and production environments into the public cloud.
- The compound annual growth rate is increasing by 7.4% from 2017 to 2022 for worldwide server operations system environment market.
The Windows server market has been declining in shares and the server operations system environment installations are expected to decline. However, it still hosts the majority of commercial application software. Therefore, it is still relevant in the industry and must be accounted for in technology consultations.
Additionally, AWS accounted for 57.7% of total Windows instances deployed in the public cloud IaaS market during 2017. Also, shares for AWS were nearly 2 times the nearest cloud provider. As technology advances and legacy applications start migrating to the cloud, AWS will continue dominating the public cloud IaaS market.
To download the full IDC Windows Server Market Update infographic, go here for more details.
For more information, check out these posts:
- In The News: Almost A Third Of Key Enterprise IT Spending To Be Cloud Based By 2022
- In The News: How Cloud Implementation Is Bringing Benefits To Developers
- In The News: IDG 2018 Cloud Insights
- Quantum Artificial Life Created On The IBM Cloud Quantum Computer
- In The News: The Forced March To Cloud Computing
- In The News: The Global State Of Enterprise Analytics 2018 – How Cloud, Big Data And AI Are Key To The Future